Local Buildings  | Avery Cottage | Boldon House | Bridle Path | Etta's Seat | Glebe Cottage 
Quadrus Centre | Scot's  House 
 

Glebe Cottage


Taken in 2003

 
From a postcard dated about 1887

 Glebe Cottage was built in 1789 and was owned first by a Sunderland curate and later by the Whinney family.  It is now owned by Vincent and June McCann who bought it in 1954 from Mr. Snowdon, a builder who was killed during the building of one of his houses.  The first floor was added by the McCanns in 1963, thus converting it into a fairly large family house.  The McCanns sold the house to the present owners in February 2006
 

Make a Free Website with Yola.