Scots House gatehouse, Newcastle Road, West Boldon. - GV II Gatehouse, walls, gates and gate piers. Circa 1890 for H L Pattinson, chemical manufacturer. Brick with stone dressings; flat-tiled roof. 2 storeys, 3 bays. Central carriage entrance of stone; 3-centred arch with keystone and scroll over, resting on Tuscan pilasters. Plain pilasters above the springing extend to first floor band and carry urn-shaped finials. Small 2-light mullioned windows either side of entrance; at first floor a central 4-light window flanked by 3-light windows, all of stone. Stone-coped Flemish shaped gables, at ends and above arch front and rear, have ball finials. Small gable-end windows; Pattinson arms in stone in the front gable. 2 tall brick chimneys. 2 serpentine walls end in 2 square corniced piers with lions holding shields on top. Continuous cornices and coping. Wrought iron gates.