West Boldon Hall Large house. Dated 1709 on Fawcett arms over door; incorporating part of an earlier house. Sandstone ashlar with Welsh slate roof. Simple block plan. 2 storeys, 5 windows, central door on west side with moulded architrave and open segmental pediment on brackets. Windows have 24-pane sashes, with broad glazing bars, except for the rear which has cross windows at ground and first floor north, a central round-headed staircase window with narrow glazing bars, and the south elevation which has, at its east, 4-light ground and 3-light first floor mullioned and transomed windows. String course at first floor level, and moulded eaves cornice. Roof is hipped with swept eaves and a central rectangular well; two massive stone chimneys at rear have 3 sets backs; 2 others on the side ridges. The interior has bolection moulded fielded panelling throughout the ground floor save in the kitchen at the south east; all chimney pieces are bolection moulded, most are in the corners of rooms; the kitchen has a flattened Tudor-arched stone lintel at the chimney breast. There are early C18 niches, a corner cupboard, round-headed arches, architraves, doors and hinges. Staircase has small open well; decorated tread ends; balusters with turned and graduated twist sections. Kitchen door plank and batten.